Poseidon delivered the following:
• Analyse the challenges and opportunities facing the Scottish Scallop fishery and recommend policy responses;
• Consider the health of scallop stocks and the level of fishing pressure currently applied;
• Assess the impact of scallop fishing on other users of the marine environment e.g. other fishing gears, disturbance of benthic habitats etc;
• Assess the financial health of Scottish businesses prosecuting scallop stocks;
• Assess the current and potential future impact of restrictions on access to scallop grounds (closed areas, MPAs, offshore renewables, aquaculture development, etc.);
• Review the available evidence related to onshore activities such as processing and on the impacts on employment and communities;
• Consider the operation and impact of the current management regime and alternative scenarios.