Ports Master Plan Oman
Arup - Project Dates:
March 2011 - March 2012
Description of Project:
The Ministry of National Economy for the Sultanate of Oman commissioned a study to review the current situation within the ports and harbours and to develop a master plan for future port, marina and ferry terminal developments in Oman.
The Master Plan prioritises future port developments and provide forecasts of preferred locations, timings projected costs, etc.
Following collaboration with Arup on a strategic review of the ports sector, including institutional analysis, Poseidon was asked to provide fisheries expertise within the master planning exercise, involving:
1. Review of existing studies
2. Review of existing facilities
3. Forecasting demand and future requirements
4. Assessment of additional infrastructure needs
5. Preparation of Master Plan