Under the current European Fisheries Programme funding through priority axis 4 is allocated to FLAGs to deliver local projects which support the sustainable development of fisheries areas. The purpose of this brief was to establish the feasibility of establishing a FLAG covering Torbay, the amount of funding which could be accessed and over which geography the benefits would be maximised.
1. Over which geography a FLAG would be most effective and deemed acceptable by the European Union and Marine Management Organisation;
2. The benefits of establishing a FLAG including anticipated levels of funding and on the sorts of activity on which it can be spent;
3. Demand for a FLAG by Torbay businesses and communities;
4. The kind of structure required to administer a Torbay FLAG and whether the TDA would be a suitable organisation to perform this function;
5. Potential set up costs and resource requirements;
6. Potential for linkages to other FLAG areas.