Online event (conference/webinar) for small scale fisheries producer organisations Regional
DG MARE Maritime Affairs and Fisheries (European Commission) - Project Dates:
June 2020 - June 2020
Description of Project:
The objective of this assignment was to investigate the need and explore potential ways forward to strengthen the transnationalisation of CMO recognised professional organisations in the fishery and aquaculture sector in the EU Member State. The Terms of Reference asked for the testing of additional services that could encourage networking between POs, APOs and IBOs in the sector and strengthen transnational cooperation between organisations.
During this peak period of COVID-19, Tetra Tech organised a number of virtual events with the participation of aquaculture producer organisations including one that focused specifically on small scale fisheries (SSF).
A Poseidon Europe Associate Consultant acted as a host and moderator for a webinar on small-scale fisheries in the EU. The webinar focused on the following three questions:
- How can small-scale fisheries and their POs benefit from increased cross-border cooperation in the EU?
- How can we strengthen cross-border cooperation among small-scale fishermen?
- Is there a need to revise the regulatory framework, provide additional guidance or set up other facilitation actions to support organisations willing to engage in cross-border cooperation?
In particular Poseidon:
- Moderated the discussion during the online event organised by TT for DG MARE, including moderation of panel discussion and open discussion
- Prepared the event brief, including description of the event and questions to the panel;
- Carried out preparatory work including calls and discussions with the project teams and speakers.