Monitoring and evaluation
Lot 2 Ex Post Evaluation of European Fisheries Fund Europe
DG MARE Maritime Affairs and Fisheries (European Commission) - Project Dates:
July 2015 - December 2016
Description of Project:
The ex-post evaluation of the EFF had the following objectives:
- To quantify and qualify how the EFF allocation has been spent by MS;
- To describe and assess the performance of the EFF in relation to its objectives and guiding principles;
- To identify the environmental, economic and social impacts of the EFF on the catching, aquaculture and processing segments of the fisheries sector, as well as on the sustainable development of the marketing of fisheries and aquaculture products, of inland fishing and fisheries areas;5
- To identify best/worst practices of the above;
- To analyse the monitoring and reporting framework as well as the programming, management, evaluation and control systems.
The evaluation also sought to improve decision making in fisheries resource management and utilisation of the evaluation results for the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF) period (2014-2020). The ex-post EFF evaluation was of strategic importance in order to obtain evidence supporting the continued rationale for a public support tool for the sectors (catching, aquaculture, inland fishing, processing and marketing of fisheries and aquaculture products) and fisheries areas at the EU level post 2020.
As part of the Lot 2 Framework consortium, Poseidon undertook a main role in the ex Post evaluation as part of the core evaluation team and undertaking interviews in fourteen Member State countries and leading case studies on aquaculture and pilot projects.